My layout hadn’t moved a bit. It was high time I did something about it.
As I mentioned in my previous posts (here, here and here), I had decided to completely change the lower level of my layout. The lower level fiddle yard is now ready. Tests with trains were very satisfying, with no derailments (thanks to the Kato points). The TrainController software is a wonder. My fiddle yard is now fully or semi-automated, so I won’t have to worry how to park my trains. The software simply parks the trains in the most optimal siding for me, and handles everything.
Now it’s time to bring back the main station on level 1. I have kept the boards, they needed to be attached again. This was the right time for cleaning up the cabling system as well; using cheap document binders (a tip I got online) really is an excellent solution:
Improved cabling under a module
And here some pictures of the work in progress:
Main station (top) & fiddle yard on lower (bottom)
Yes, there is still a lot to do…
Merci pour le feedback! En effet garder les boites ou pas a toujours é ...
Bonjour Je suis N'iste et de ce côté là on a plus de facilité pour ran ...
Thank you! I have checked the information regarding the converter - no ...
Hi! Well the Ecoes does support Railcom indirectly through its lan: it ...
Could you please be so kind to advise, does ECoS itself support Railco ...
Arnold Henschel-Wegmann: DCC sound conversion
Tams FD-R Basic 2 function decoder review
Doehler & Haass SD18A: Next18 sound decoder review
My layout: technical details and command station
How to choose a locomotive decoder (incl. cheat sheet)
Never miss a model railroading update, subscribe to the LocGeek newsletter.
1 email per month top, unsubscribe anytime!
Cookies are used to give you the best experience on the site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience.
By continuing to use our website without changing the settings on the disclaimer page, you are accepting cookies as described on the same page.